When you accelerate, the factory rubber hoses in your Colorado can expand due to increased pressure, and you lose power. Then there’s the issue of air intake temperature regulation. Cooler air going through your engine means more power and lower fuel consumption.
PWR’s intercooler and pipe kit is engineered to increase power and fuel economy in your Colorado.
Our intercooler face area has been increased to 180% of the OEM unit for improved heat rejection and increased air flow. Wind tunnel testing shows the intercooler charged air outlet temperature is reduced by up to 7.3°C more than OEM. Our patented, 55mm square-faced tube and fin ensures 14. 7% less charge air pressure drop and improved efficiency.
To prevent the expansion of the hoses under boost, PWR kits feature mandrel bent, hard aluminium piping, matched with PWR’s signature CNC-machined ribbed outlets and high quality 5 ply silicone. PWR use premium stainless steel constant tension Murray clamps to prevent the hose blowing off.
You can install it yourself in less than three hours. Or, get it done for you and take advantage of a tune at the same time. When combined with a tune, PWR has easily achieved torque figures of 605.9Nm and more than 135kW at the rear wheels. That’s almost a 22% increase in power and 16% increase in torque. Then you really can go and play.
- 22% Power Increase with tune. (PWR achieved 135kW @ rear wheels)
- 16% more Torque with tune. (PWR achieved 605.9Nm @ rear wheels)
- Extruded tube & fin core for 14.7% less charge air pressure drop & increased efficiency.
- 180% core area increase.
- Australian engineered & manufactured.
- CNC machined billet aluminium outlets used throughout with unique ribbed design helps eliminate hose blow-off issues seen on other kits.
- 5-Ply Silicone hoses.
- High quality Constant tension Murray Clamps.
- Full colour fitting instructions are provided for both the intercooler and pipe kit install taking approx 3 hours to fit DIY
- Low restriction internal turbulators
- Leading edge tube wall thickness is efficient for strength
- Light weight
- Tube dimension (PWR use 55,68 and 81mm)
- Core Thickness configuration up to 159mm thick
- Flexibility of custom designs exactly to your needs
- World class TIG welding
- 10 working days for manufacturing
- State of the art controlled atmosphere brazing process
- Race and street proven performance
- Hi-tech CAD design division
- Pressured tested and guaranteed